- Last updated:
- 17 May 2019
Council hosts a range of civic and community events as well as festivals throughout the year. To ensure the smooth running of these events and an enjoyable experience for guests, the community is encouraged to take part by volunteering. Festivals and events include:
- New Year’s Eve Mooloolaba
- Sunshine Coast Australia Day Awards
- Australian Citizenship Ceremonies
- Horizon Festival
- Caloundra Music Festival
- and more.
Council’s Creative Festivals and Events team is always looking for enthusiastic people to fill these roles:
- audience meet and greet
- site set up and pack down
- information booth & customer service
- ticket scanning & gate operations
- traffic & parking
- programs distribution
- artist liaison and stage management
- ticket sales
Council needs hard-working, enthusiastic individuals to help run its exciting events. Here are some of the skills and experience necessary for the above roles:
- Excellent customer service and communication skill
- Personable and approachable
- Physically capable – required for some roles
- Able bodied – roles may require standing for long periods
- Hard working
- Professional, mature and well presented
- Able to show initiative
- Capable of working in a team
- Flexible availability
- Must be 16 years of age at time of event.
Experience working in events is great but anyone can apply.
How to apply
You can register your interest to volunteer through council's volunteer management system Better Impact.